F I F T H Atmosphere
KALLE APPLEGATE PALMER
College Essay Prep
This is a college essay preparation activity. Students will identify an anecdote that they can write 55-words about that introduces their essay. Students will then animate a short video for their anecdote. The project concludes with writing a complete college essay for the UC and or Common App prompt(s). The essay should express who they are, what matters and what they want to share.
Essay Prompts for Student Reference:
1. Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time.
2. Every person has a creative side, and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving, original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express your creative side.
3. What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?
4. Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
5. Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?
6. Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.
7. What have you done to make your school or your community a better place?
8. Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believe makes you stand out as a strong candidate for admissions to the University of California?
A 55 word animation answering one of the UC prompts.
4 completed essays of your choice 300-350 words. Each needing an anecdote to
illustrate your response to the prompt